Monday, May 3, 2010

Blahs, Bikes, and Goals

Today's sips:
1/2 C of Coffee
1 C of Pomegranate Green Tea

You can always tell how my day went by looking at my daily sips. Today is a blah day for many reasons. I hate negativity and complaining, but I figure it is best to get it out then keep it all in! Shall I list the blahs? I shall:

1. No electricity this morning do to a roaring, ripping thunderstorm. Had to get dressed in the dark. Traffic took over 1 and 1/2 hours to get to work in what seemed like the wrath of God. Let's just say it was really wet outside.
2. Work had me stressed due to workplace gossip and drama. So unnecessary.
3. Broke the revolving glass plate in my aunt & uncle's microwave. I was so tired that I ended up pulling out the entire glass plate along with my perfectly warmed whole grain tortilla. Cleaned up and stepped on glass.
4. I ate like a beast and didn't work out. Now I feel like a bloated blow fish.

However - there IS always a perk to a crappy day. I escaped to Whole Foods for my lunch and had a delicious salad from their salad bar. A quiet lunch by myself at Whole Foods reading a Cosmo is such a good escape. It will be a ritual I have decided. An expensive one, so I will have to make it a "Special Occasion" ritual.

Thinking about goals lately and I realize that I'm not pursuing any of them with full force. Nor am I setting too many for myself. It just seems like I'm living to get by and that's not what I want out of life - at all. I'm only getting older here folks - time to start living to work, not working to live! Not sure if this enthusiasm is due to my blah day, but I'll roll with it. One goal I have set and accomplished is starting this blog. It was so difficult to build up to, but yet so easy to do! I feel like every goal is like that. The process of getting there seems too daunting, but in the end it was easier than expected. So, enough rambling...a few goals that I will set for myself this year are:

1. Run a half marathon
2. Go on a date (this is hard for me, as I will explain in another post)
3. Get pictures on my blog and actually get followers/comments
4. Regain my passion for spontaneity
5. Meet new people - I just moved to a new city, ATL baby!
6. Regain my control and enthusiasm for my health.

I have been getting 5 hours of sleep a night for the past 4 months and this has taken its toll. My health has been put on the back burner once again and I am NOT happy about it. I move in 4 weeks which means: shorter commute (by 45 min!), more sleep, more time for working out, and life in the city.

Another plus to my blah day? I bought a bike! Yes, I tend to buy myself new, shiny things when I'm sad. What can I say? It works for me. Meet my new BFF:

Isn't she adorable? We are going places once I move to the city =D

This bike purchase is a baby step to my goal #4. Though it's a new shiny THING, it will allow me to have experiences/adventures. I find that investing money and time into experiences rather than clothes, shoes, materials...makes me so much happier! Happiness is the overall goal of all my goals. I really believe that once you radiate happiness, only then can you extend that to those around you. Starting to sound a bit cheesy - but no one is reading this blog as of yet, so I don't care (:

It is 9:30pm. I plan to browse the web some more and be asleep promptly by 10pm. Working toward goal #6!

No comments:

Post a Comment