Saturday, May 1, 2010

Like a Virgin




Greetings blog world. This is my very first post on my very first blog. You can call me a virgin blogger. Though, I have been reading food blogs for quite some time now, it was only a matter of time before I started my own!

To explain the blog title, it's quite simple. I love tea, I sip it frequently, and it makes me happy. Did that just rhyme?! I won't annoy you with my poems, but I will tell you that I love to talk about food, exercise, and simple things that make me happy. I hope this blog will help me learn more about myself and create a whole new avenue of sharing food loves and more.

I don't have my camera with me right now (process of moving) but I will do my best to post eats for the day...

Breakfast: 1/2 serving of Yogi strawberry granola crisps, 1 melted banana, 1 T wheat germ, 1 splash unsweetened chocolate almond milk, cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp cocoa powder...all thrown into the remains of this...






Have I created an image in your head yet? It really didn't look pretty for a picture anyway...but twas delicious!

Grapefruit and fresh picked strawberries for snackies:



Fresh salad for lunch: Romaine, left over spinach, 1/2 cup edamame, splash of balsamic vinegar, egg whites with hot sauce and salt & pepper.

Dinner: Went out with the fam to a country buffet. I know...a health nut's nightmare. This buffet actually had some fresh and tasty options. My salad consisted of iceberg lettuce (no nutrition, but whatever), cottage cheese, beets, mushrooms, tomatoes, little bit of olives, kidney beans, cucumber, carrots, and the kitchen sink. No dressing! I'm not crazy about dressing as it is, and if I have cottage cheese in my salad then I really don't need anything else to mix it up with!
1 cup diced cantaloupe for dessert:


Oh...and I must not forget the most exciting time of day: Coffee time! I have at least 2 cups a day and always with 1/4 cup of light vanilla soy milk and stevia. Coffee is really my weakness. Of course, I love my tea time too...but that goes without saying given my blog name and all.


Daily Sips:
Coffee: 2 cups
Tea: 1 cup Green, 1 cup White, 1 cup Peppermint

Workout today: 25 min of HIIT. Total body resistance training. Dumbells, squats, crunches, pilates moves, for 30 minutes.

What a relaxing and productive Saturday. Productive only because I started my new blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment