Sunday, May 9, 2010

Chocolate Kind of Day

Today's Sips:
Coffee - 2 cups
Tea - 2 cups Yerba Mate, 1 cup Green



Chocolate was on my mind today! And in my belly :)

Breakfast:
Chocolate infused egg whites (1/2 cup egg whites, 1 tsp cocoa powder - trying to simulate chocolate souffle seen on this lady's blog). Topped with 1 Tbs Almond Butter, and a small sliced banana. (280 cals)
Snack:
Grapefruit (90 cals)
Lunch: 
Xtreme Wellness tortilla, stuffed with lowfat cottage cheese, sliced tomato, 1/8 cup vegan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano. I slapped it in a frying pan to get the outside crispy. The texture of the tortilla turned out awesome! the perfect crunch and chewiness. However, the insides weren't so awesome texture wise. Note to self: never try to stuff a tortilla with cottage cheese. It was a soupy mess!! Also, little bits of cottage cheese would spill on the pan when I was searing, and they would literally EXPLODE in my face. Lesson learned :)
Snack:
1/2 Organic Fugi apple, sliced and thrown into a 1/2 cup of Fage plain Greek yogurt. (about 100 cals)
A teeny tiny peice of "Dark Forest Mint" chocolate (about 40 cals)
Dinner:
Family wanted to go to another buffet tonight. Luckily, the salad bar was phenomenal - well, for a buffet restaurant. Salad consisted of: Romaine Lettuce (found a gnat in it! ew!), Beets, Mushrooms, Cucumbers, Broccoli, 1 hard boiled egg (ate only half the yolk), black olives, banana peppers, and small portion of kidney beans. No dressing as usual. Finished that bad boy off with a fruit plate of strawberries and cantaloupe. (about 350 cals)
Before Bed:
Hot Chocolate - 1 tsp cocoa powder, water, stevia. It turned out too watery :( So now I'm trying to decide if it needs to poured down the drain...
It went in the drain. Opted for Brothers-All-Natural Fugi crisps. Only 28 cals, feels like I'm eating air, but it nixed my sweet craving!


COFFEE: Coffee is an event for me. I have been spoiled, and you could call me a coffee snob. Usually it will have about 10-20 calories, depending on how much Vanilla or Chocolate Almond milk I use. Today I used Vanilla because I'm trying to finish my half gallon carton! :) The organic coffee beans are then ground fresh! With my Aunt's awesome coffee grinder. Then I put the grinds in the Keurig 1-cup coffee maker, infuse it with organic Saigon cinnamon (about 1 tsp), and ta da! Coffee perfection. I don't need froth or whip, just an intense taste and smell will make me wake up and enjoy every sip!

TEA: Oh where to begin...Tea can make me happy at any time of day. I love to brew it fresh with loose tea leaves and sweeten with raw honey (only occasionally - watching sugar!) or most of the time, stevia. I like to drink it straight up too! Tea has endless possibilities with body, flavor, and effects on my mood. I could go on, but I will refrain.

Workout:
HIIT - Only 20 minutes today! I just wasn't feeling it for some reason. Lifted weights and abs for about 30 minutes.

Like I said in my last post, this was one of the lowest weeks I've had in a long time! After 1 week of no exercise and eating whatever I wanted, this is what resulted:
  • Crazy sugar cravings! And yes, I indulged.
  • Face broke out like I was going through puberty! Not cute.
  • Less energy. I had to sing like a banchee and turn the music way up in the car just to make it home without nodding off. Dangerous and I can't sing.
  • Woke up with charlie horses in my legs. Probably due to not using my muscles at all!
  • Scale went up 1 lb :(
  • Bloated
  • Digestion issues - hated this!
So to conclude this post:
I love chocolate. I have more motivation to continue my healthy lifestyle than EVER before. And I really need to get pictures up! I'll get my camera back soon!

1 comment:

  1. that looks like the perfect chocolate bar to cease a craving!

    ReplyDelete