Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Nutz

Today's Sips:
Coffee - 1 cup
Tea - 1 cup Green

 So today didn't turn out as planned...

Let me introduce to you my bag of crack - cashew crack that is!...

I found myself reaching for this bag at least 4-5 times throughout the day! Often, I found myself thinking about these babies and trying to resist the urge to reach for more! It's a bag of CASHEWS for goodness sake. I mean, I know I was just snacking for my lunch today, but jeeze...I wasn't starving! I think I had an equivalent of 1 cup of these yummy cashews today. Am I worried? Nah...I never have days when I splurge on nuts! It felt liberating :)

In order of my favorite nuts...
  1. Hazelnuts
  2. Cashews
  3. Almonds
  4. Pistachio
  5. Brazil
  6. Walnuts
 Now the grande finale...what I've been "saving" my appetite for all day...(without much success, lol)

This x2! and minus the tomatoes (they were filled with bacon, ew)
Artichoke Pesto dip
Carrots
Mary's Gone Crackers
Cheese Wheat Thins
Cream Cheese Dip with Blueberry & Wine reduction
Peanut Butter Bar (so good!)

I think I've met my nut consumption for the week!


 ________________________________________________________________________________
I was too tired to post last night, so today's will be a mash up!

This morning I had a bowl of overnight oats. My first time trying this and I was very pleased :) It was creamy, cold, and delicious.
It consisted of: 1/3 cup Oats, 2/3 cup Vanilla Almond Milk, 1 smashed Banana, 1 Truvia packet, and 1 Tbs Wheat Germ. Topped this with 1 Tbs Almond Butter. Yum!

For some reason, I didn't feel satisfied like I normally do after a bowl of oatmeal. Hm, maybe I'm in need of some minerals? Should have taken my muli-vitamin, but I only take this on days I haven't eaten enough whole foods!

What did I do? Break into my bag of cashews of course! I ate about two handfuls on the drive to work this morning...I thought I went crazy, but I did feel satisfied afterward :) Then ironically...I found this article in the newspaper at work this morning:



Guess my body knows what it needs! I have EXTREMELY high cholesterol for someone my age. It's hereditary, and the doc wants me on medication. I refuse to do this and I'm determined to lower it naturally.

Since I had such a high cal breakfast, I will just be snacking today. Not to mention I have to attend a work event tonight which will be catered by a personal chef! So I need room in my tummy for delicious gourmet fare :)

Snacks:



Love these mini Luna bars! Only 80 calories!! Also, I didn't think I would like the lemon, as I don't like "Fake" fruit tastes. However, this one hits the spot! It's not too sweet and has a REAL lemon taste.

(Oh, and I STILL don't have my camera back yet - so I borrowed my work's camera! hehe)


Yesterday's Sips:
Coffee - 1 cup
Tea - 1 cup Green, 1 cup Green Pomegranate, 1 cup Kombucha, 1 cup Earl Grey, 1 Cup Vanilla Chai

Eats:
Breakfast:
1/2 cup Kashi GoLean
1 Banana
1 Tbs Almond Butter
Snack:
Cashews
Lunch:
2 cups Spinach Salad with 1/3 Avocado, 1 tomato, 1 veggie burger (forgot brand! but 100 cals), and 2 organic carrot sticks
Snack:
Organic Fuji and 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
Dinner:
Chocolate Egg Whites (1/2 cup), sprinkle of dried blueberries - only ate 2/3 of this...wasn't that tasty!
1 tsp honey
1 oz dark chocolate in Forest Mint
1 bag of dried Fuji Apples (28 cals)
Random dinner!!

3 comments:

  1. my breakfast left me feeling unsatisfied too! i dug into a bag of m&ms..yeah that helped. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try overnight oats in yogurt!! I mix 1/3 cup oats in blueberry or raspberry yogurt and top w/ frozen mixed berries and they defrost overnight...delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestion Sara! I usually put plain Greek yogurt in my hot oatmeal, but I'll definitely have to try it in my overnight oats now that I know how good they are!

    ReplyDelete