Friday, May 7, 2010

Flavor & Savor

Today's Sips:
Coffee: 3 cups (!!)
Tea: 1 cup Green, 1 cup Grey, 1 cup Korean Orange

Today was full of yummy and savory foods! I am a FLAVOR girl and turn my chin up at bland foods. Don't get me wrong, I love my plain greek yogurt, plain oatmeal, and Kashi GoLean. But all these have to be kicked up a notch with something flavorful or savory. Greek yogurt with Kashi, almond butter, and banana = heaven.
On to my eats:

Breakfast:
1 piece of whole wheat toast, 1 tbs Sunbutter, 1/2 banana.
Snack:
Mini Luna bar (80 calories)
Lunch:
Amazing Caprese sandwich from Highland Bakery in Atlanta. Fresh mozzerella, basil, and tomato on grilled sourdough (threw half the bread away). Grapes. Delicious brownie.
Snack:
Pumpkin seeds eaten on the drive home to keep me awake!
Dinner:
Egg cooked in bowl in micro, topped with 1/4 cup vegan cheese, BBQ sauce, and hummus. Perfection in a bowl. Afterward I had a Green Monster to get my greens in for today: 3 cups spinach, 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk, 1 tbs cocoa powder, 1 banana, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt.

Definitely met my bread consumption for the week. I'm just not a big fan of bread - unless it's a buttery croissant or hard cracker bread drizzled with olive oil, yum! Oh, and there might have been a few candy pieces munched on throughout the day...

Wowee - I really have "let myself go" this week. No workouts and lots of indulging. Sadly, I have been paying for this with my tummy troubles and breakouts, but this week is over and it's time to get myself straight again. Odd how I start my blog on the lowest week I've had in years. Maybe I didn't start this venture with the best mindset, but it's all about the journey and I'll look back on this and have motivation to stick to my healthy lifestyle!

If anyone is in the Atlanta area, I highly suggest you try Highland Bakery. They have fresh ingredients in all their entrees and the desserts all look magical. They also offer vegan and vegetarian options! Highland Bakery will be featured on TLC this Monday, May 10th at 9pm!

1 comment:

  1. i love love caprese sandwiches. do you live in atlanta? not toooo far from charleston :)

    ReplyDelete